Sunday, January 26, 2014

Introduction to The Prepped Parent

Introduction to The Prepped Parent

Who's the author?

Let me first take the opportunity to introduce myself.  I am Elizabeth and you've somehow stumbled across my blog, The Prepped Parent.  Over the last 5 years, I have been working in the field of Early Childhood Education as a teacher, instructor, trainer, and curriculum coordinator.  I have degrees in Child Development & Family Studies and Curriculum & Instruction: Early Childhood Education.  I have worked with hundreds of young children with diverse backgrounds and needs, and partnered alongside their parents to ensure these children's future success.

This photo is one of my favorites from teaching -- my first class
releasing their ladybugs into the natural area behind the school. 

So, why a blog? 

Working in schools, the number one question I have always received from parents is, "What should we be doing at home?"  The purpose of this blog is to hopefully help you answer that question.  Research shows that the education children receive before age 5 is paramount for children's cognitive development, and for students' future success in school and in life. 85% of brain development occurs before the age of 5! While high-quality, accredited preschools (search here) are an important piece of the early childhood puzzle, the experiences that you offer your child at home can be every bit as valuable. I hope that through this blog I am able to offer you research-based, practical advice, suggest fun learning activities for home, and answer many of the early childhood questions that arise day-to-day. 

How can I reach you? 

I always welcome your questions, concerns, and comments. Feel free to comment on any blog post, or email me directly at thepreppedparent@gmail.com. You can also follow me on Pinterest where I regularly post ideas, activities, pictures, and other useful, educational links. 

No comments:

Post a Comment